Friday, June 17, 2011

Cookbooks are My Textbooks

My close friends know that I read cookbooks like other people read chapter books. I highlight, make notes and re-read night after night. Some of the best cookbooks are those that include little nuggets of info that change a technique or transform a recipe.

So what am I reading right now??? I'm on my third read of Joanne Chang's flour cookbook. I love her story, the truth of her recipes and the breadth of flavors she creates. (big tip: she's working on another cookbook as we speak.) And if you're a Bostonian aren't you lucky enough to be able to visit one of her 3 flour cafes. Beware if you go on a weekend morning right when they open there will be a line, but trust me it's worth the wait.

And now I need your help, should I test a muffin or cookie recipe this weekend - or both?!

1 comment:

  1. hmmmm what a hard choice to make! I say test both and then bring me some.

    ReplyDelete