Monday, July 4, 2011

Simply Grilled Sliders

Happy 4th Everyone. We've had quite a jam-packed, food-filled weekend! I have to thank all our friends and family who came, saw and brought it all (food that is!) - we had an amazing spread, some of which I'll share with everyone later this week. But first on to a meal that makes me feel close to home even when I'm miles away.

Lamb sliders with tsatiki sauce
  • 1 1/4 lb ground lamb
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 of red onion, minced
  • chopped parsley, 1/4 cup
  • dried oregano, coffee scoop size
  • salt and pepper
  • 8 slider buns - preferably brioche
Note: This is a great time for you to try eyeballing herbs and spices - start small and then get a bit more daring!
Thanks for the plate JK!
Place all ingredients (except the buns!) in a bowl and incorporate with your hands just until everything is mixed - don't over obsess with the perfect mix as you don't want to overwork the meat and create tough sliders. Then, simply portion out the meat into 8 sliders, again handling the meat as little as possible. Remember burgers shrink a bit once you grill them so make sure to make them a tad bigger than your buns.

Last but not least, grill, top with tsatiki and enjoy!
It's a taste of family, that reminds me of my brother and I'm sure makes him a little proud too.

No comments:

Post a Comment