Thursday, July 28, 2011

It's Oyster Time

It's that time of year - the time when I crave oysters and champagne every beautiful night. The time of year when I prep myself to try each and every one and savor the tastes of summer. And don't you worry I had some delicious Duxbury Island Creek oysters last night and they were as good as I remembered (from last week!).
http://www.islandcreekfoundation.org/festival
This also means its time to prep for September (I know you don't want to hear that word), but this little gathering will make it easier to bear. The annual Island Creek Oyster Festival is back at it and tickets are on sale for the oyster party on the beach. Although the party is September 10, 3-11pm, I suggest you buy your tickets now to secure a spot in the sand and a planned activity once that "S" month hits.

Big Tip: Arrive close to the start and you'll be able to enjoy free samples of some of the best food from local chefs and restaurants in the area

Happy Oystering!



No comments:

Post a Comment