Meet your new friend, Eggplant & Chickpea Salad
- Cut up 1-2 eggplants into squares and roast on a baking sheet at 350 for 30-40 minutes (don't forget the salt and pepper!)
- Place into a bowl (while still warm) with 1-2 cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- Here's where you consult your fridge - today I added some scallions and parsley. Many times I add fresh lemon juice and feta or roast green peppers and onions and add those as well.
- Add a little more salt (little is less than you really think, about a pinch)
- Mix with 1 tablespoon GOOD olive olive