Monday, December 15, 2014

Cookies for Kids (Not My Kids, They're Tooo Young)

The twins eat solids now so I made them cookies. Mama of the Year, I tell ya! Kidding, kidding.




















I made cookies for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap.












Fourth year and still going strong. (Years 1, 2 & 3 for your reference!) Just so you know I procrastinated because the twins decided to go on a nap hiatus for 6 days straight, but I showed them and made these babies after the human babies went to bed. I drank wine too. Mom wins. Or the cookies win, not sure yet.
Wine + Bottle Warmer + KitchenAid Mixer = PRODUCTIVITY





















The best part about the swap? Well there's a couple best parts. 1. You get 3 kinds of cookies from other bloggers. It's like Christmas before Christmas. 2. We all pay a couple of dollars to participate and all our dollars go to Cookies for Kids' Cancer. Probably my favorite part. 3. There's cookies people, cookies!

Want to know what I got?
*Minty Chocolate Chip cookies from Crazy for Crust





















*Dark Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies from The Daily Dabble




















*Tie Dye Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies from The Seaside Baker






















My husband is still asking when the next package is going to arrive. Can someone tell him it's over, we need to make our own cookies.

So the cookies I made? Well I wanted something chocolate cause I'm a chocolate girl. And I have twins - enough said. So I got on the nutella cookie train and then kinda switched it up and the twins ate 3 dozen. JUST KIDDING, everyone calm down.




















Chocolate Cookie Dough Cookies
adapted from Averie Cooks recipe 

Ingredients
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)

heaping 1/2 cup Trade Joe’s Cookie + Cocoa Swirl Spread
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 large egg

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1 teaspoon baking soda

pinch salt
1 cup white chocolate chips

1 cup dark chocolate chunks

Directions
*Beat the butter, TJ’s spread, sugars, egg and vanilla on medium-high speed until creamed, about 4 minutes.
*Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
*Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the white and dark chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
*Using a cookie scoop or Tablespoon measure out the batter and roll into balls, and flatten slightly.
*Place cookies on a large plate or tray, cover with plasticwrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, up to 5 days.

*Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet and place cookies at least 2 inches apart and bake for about 8-9 minutes. Cookies will seem slightly undercooked but they firm as they cool (don't overbake!). 
*Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before devouring


No comments:

Post a Comment