I have a list of U.S food cities in my book, places where I have been and some where I plan to go to get the best eats. These include (in no particular order of course) - Boston, Chicago, D.C. NYC, Seattle, San Fran/Sonoma/Napa, Cinci (I'll explain this one some day), New Orleans and Austin. I love Austin and I love it even more after my new friend sent me some goodies.
As a part of the Austin to Boston Swap, Part Deux a group of bloggers from each city was paired up with a new friend with the promise of a food package in the future. There's really nothing better - friends brought together by food.Oh and did I mention I got the best match - I'm not prejudice or anything - best Austin box ever from Nelly Ramirez over at Analee.
And here's what I got and pretty much devoured:
- El Milagro Chips - that's right homemade tortilla chips
- Torchy's Diablo Sauce - this is the taco food cart that served my pre-flight meal prior to departing - holy carnitas, YUM
- Goodflow Wild Flower Honey - my new friend knows I live for homemade honey - obsessed
- Cuvee Coffe - my brother-in-law said it best, I'm a coffee snob and this one is right on par
- Thunderbird Energetica Bars - okay these are my favorite - so much so that I need to order them asap
- Butternut Squash - perfect for many of my fall-inspired meals
- Edible Austin - just like Edible Boston magazine here in town
- Wheatsville Breeze - this one was so cool, a newsletter from where Nelly shops
- HER OWN PRESERVES - these I'm actually savoring and saving at the same time, I just don't want to share them with anyone
I can't talk much longer, I'm eating all my treats - thanks again Nelly!