Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Dinner for 2 or 20

I have an answer to all your "what do we have for dinner" problems - whether it's on a Friday for 2 or on a holiday for a whole crowd. I'm telling you this herb and caper roasted fish takes about 5 minutes to prep and about 15 minutes to cook! When I'm craving fish but don't want to put a lot of effort into a meal, or just don't have the time, I turn to this quick cooking, light and fresh dish.

Buy enough white fish for the number in your crowd - I've used halibut, cod, tilapia, really anything that's fresh. Lay the fish in a baking dish, skin side down. Actually when I'm making this for a large crowd I use those aluminum throwaway baking dishes you can get at the grocery store - lifesaver for those of us who don't have a diswasher :)

Next take a tablespoon or two of capers, any fresh herbs you have chopped, juice of 1-2 lemons and a couple squirts of dijon mustard. The mustard is KEY! It's tang and white wine undertone really hold the marinade together. Whisk together while slowly pouring in about a 1/2-1 cup of GOOD olive oil. Add salt and pepper and brush the marinade over the fish.

Next, cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 12-25 minutes (this depends on how much fish you have). Just check it after 12 minutes with a fork and you'll know.


Trust me, people LOVE this dish and they request it time and time again! I've even turned some meat eaters into fish lovers with this one. Just don't forget the wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment